All Members receive the following exclusive benefits:
- Quarterly issues of “The Marshlander” magazine, a high quality collectable item (one copy per household). For details see : https://www.rhdra.org/support/marshlander/
- In normal times, members can take advantage of unlimited privilege rate journeys on the RH&DR offering a saving of up to 75% on ordinary fares.
Regrettably this benefit is restricted until further notice due to Covid-19 and the railway’s need to recover revenue.
However, for the present, the railway has generously allowed one compartment on every train which can be pre-booked by members at privilege rates – first come, first served. Please book direct with the railway and see https://www.rhdra.org/join/membership-benefits/members-free-travel-pass/
- In normal times, members receive a free pass each year allowing one free Rover ticket per membership – see link above
Regrettably this benefit is suspended until further notice due to Covid-19
- The opportunity to get involved with the work of the Association. This can be tremendously rewarding, offering the chance to really be a supporter of this wonderful railway. Examples would be to join the Association’s Heritage Group, become a volunteer in a wide range of roles, to attend and participate in the Association’s Annual General Meeting* and many other ways to get involved. Some opportunities are NOT affected by Covid-19. See https://www.rhdra.org/about/volunteers/
In addition to the above, in normal times, members can take advantage of :
- Free admission to all Stations on normal operating days (Excluding Special Event days and Santa Specials) on production of membership card.
- An opportunity to take advantage of the Association’s Share Instalment Scheme This is NOT affected by Covid-19 and full details are available from the Treasurer at [email protected] on confirmation of membership.
- Discounts in the Railway’s shops on selected products (purchases must be over £5).
- Exclusive discounts on some Special Event tickets (Excludes Santa Specials)
* Note that the next Annual General Meeting is expected to be in Spring 2021. Covid rules at that time will apply.