All Members receive the following exclusive benefits:
- Quarterly issues of “The Marshlander” magazine, a high quality collectable item (one copy per household). For details see : https://www.rhdra.org/support/marshlander/
- In normal times, members can take advantage of unlimited privilege rate journeys on the RH&DR offering a saving of up to 75% on ordinary fares.
We are pleased to announce that from April 20th, a limited number of seats on each train will be available for RHDRA members on a pre-booked basis only. To book please go to www.rhdr.org.uk and select tickets and timetables. You will be able to book online, selecting the RHDRA rate of £5.50 for Adults and £2.75 for Children. Demand will be high so book early to avoid disappointment. Members can also travel at full rate if they wish to travel on a particular train when no RHDRA seats are available.
- In normal times, members receive a free pass each year allowing one free Rover ticket per membership – see link above
We are pleased to announce that from April 20th, members will be able to claim a journey using their free pass by emailing [email protected] including your first name, surname, member number, a contact phone number and email, plus your first preference of train date and time. You will then be contacted to discuss availability and alternative options if necessary. Members are reminded that the previous rules for free passes still apply ie. one journey per full member or one member of a family per annum.
- The opportunity to get involved with the work of the Association. This can be tremendously rewarding, offering the chance to really be a supporter of this wonderful railway. Examples would be to join the Association’s Heritage Group, become a volunteer in a wide range of roles, to attend and participate in the Association’s Annual General Meeting* and many other ways to get involved. Some opportunities are NOT affected by Covid-19. See Roles & Opportunities
In addition to the above, in normal times, members can take advantage of :
- Free admission to all Stations on normal operating days (Excluding Special Event days and Santa Specials) on production of membership card.
- Discounts in the Railway’s shops on selected products (purchases must be over £5).
- Exclusive discounts on some Special Event tickets (Excludes Santa Specials)
* Note that the next Annual General Meeting is expected to be in Summer 2021. Covid rules at that time will apply.