Special Projects Fund
MAJOR APPEAL – Coronavirus and the RHDR – NEWS
WE ARE 60% THERE!
We are very grateful to all those who have donated so far – through Just Giving – the portal – Amazon Smile and even the occasional cheque. We have raised 60% of the funds we now know we need.
The £50,000 total we need now will enable the works this winter to be completed. The injection of the grant from the Culture Recovery Fund was very welcome and has given some breathing space in the short term but efforts continue to be needed to raise the remaining funds. Whilst the majority of the costs will be covered – £50,000 is the amount we need to raise to ensure the work can be completed.
How Everyone Can Help
All donations are welcome and can be made as follows:
- via ‘JustGiving’ account here: https://www.justgiving.com/rhdra.
- through our Special Projects Donations portal.
- every time you shop at Amazon. We are now registered with Amazon Smile, a way of giving to your Association by using the following link https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ in place of your usual access to Amazon.
- the RHDR has its own fundraising page.
- and of course you can join the Hercules Virtual Marathon
Many thanks to all who have donated so far. All donations large and small are appreciated.
But one generous person has sent a cheque for £10,000. Let’s hope there are more people who realise how valuable the Romney is and how much it deserves our support.
ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION is now vital! Could we also take this opportunity to remind those Members who have yet to do so, to sign up with the new electronic membership system MemberMojo. It will really make a difference and will certainly make the way we communicate with you more efficient.
GOOD NEWS – RHDR allocated funds from Government’s £1.57bn Culture Recovery Fund. Huge relief all round!
Exact details not known yet but the RHDRA will continue to raise funds to meet its £50,000 match-funding target/ We will also discuss how to reprofile our £100K grant to help the railway take maximum advantage of the Government funding available.
Black Prince Newsflash April 2020
Costs of overhaul covered to date
- Black Prince’s overhaul (click link to see special page)
The Association is very pleased to announce that the costs of overhaul so far have been covered by a direct grant of £60,000 from our charitable fund. This has been generously topped up by members, so that the railway has nearly £12,000 more to come.
The Chair of the Association, Simon Foulkes said:
“This support also helps the Railway cope with the current difficult situation. We could, it seems to me, do even more. If we could raise another £40,000, we could pretty well cover all the costs and assist with the Railway’s financial flexibility at the same time. Please consider making a donation to the special projects fund, earmarking it for Black Prince, through the link below.”
- £60,000 to provide services for a new coach works
The first tranche payment has been made to the Railway, and works are well in hand.
- and we have raised and spent the funds to open our Heritage Interpretation centre. Work remains to be completed on the internal displays and fittings, but this is in hand. All we need now is to be able to open the Railway!
All these projects will support and enhance the Railway’s operations and appeal.
Members who wish to support these ventures can donate through the link below, or by cheque to the Treasurer (contact details here).