All Members receive the following exclusive benefits:
- Quarterly issues of “The Marshlander” magazine, a high quality collectable item (one copy per household). For details see : https://www.rhdra.org/support/marshlander/
- In normal times, members can take advantage of unlimited privilege rate journeys on the RH&DR offering a saving of up to 75% on ordinary fares.
We are pleased to announce that from April 20th, a limited number of seats on each train will be available for RHDRA members on a pre-booked basis only. To book please go to www.rhdr.org.uk and select tickets and timetables. You will be able to book online, selecting the RHDRA rate of £5.50 for Adults and £2.75 for Children. Demand will be high so book early to avoid disappointment. Members can also travel at full rate if they wish to travel on a particular train when no RHDRA seats are available.
- In normal times, members receive a free pass each year allowing one free Rover ticket per membership – see link above
Members are able to claim a journey using their free annual pass by calling 01797 724000. Please have ready your name and membership number. If you are put to answerphone, please leave a name and contact phone number. You will be called back. Members are asked to give a minimum of 2 days’ notice of wanting to travel on their free ticket. Members are also reminded that rules for free passes still apply i.e. one journey per full member, or one member of a family per annum.
- The opportunity to get involved with the work of the Association. This can be tremendously rewarding, offering the chance to really be a supporter of this wonderful railway. Examples would be to join the Association’s Heritage Group, become a volunteer in a wide range of roles, to attend and participate in the Association’s Annual General Meeting* and many other ways to get involved. Some opportunities are NOT affected by Covid-19. See Roles & Opportunities
In addition to the above, in normal times, members can take advantage of :
- Free admission to all Stations on normal operating days (Excluding Special Event days and Santa Specials) on production of membership card.
- Discounts in the Railway’s shops on selected products. Purchases must be over £5 and the offer excludes sweets, crisps, drinks and cakes.
- Exclusive discounts on some Special Event tickets (Excludes Santa Specials)