All Members receive the following exclusive benefits:
- Quarterly issues of “The Marshlander” magazine, a high quality collectable item (one copy per household). For details click here. When you join or renew there is an alternative option to select a PDF copy by email.
- Members can take advantage of unlimited privilege rate journeys on the RH&DR offering a saving of up to 75% on ordinary fares.
- For information on timetables and tickets, please go to www.rhdr.org.uk and select tickets and timetables. On normal timetable days the RHDRA privilege rate in 2022 is £6.00 for Adults and £3.00 for Children. Different terms may apply on Special Event Days – please check with the railway on the link to their website above.
- Members receive a free pass each year allowing one free Rover ticket per membership.
- 200 Club – A members only club where for an annual investment of £60 you will be entered into a monthly cash prize draw for three prizes where the 1st prize could be £100. Contact [email protected] for more information
Please Note :
Free passes come in the form of a barcoded small yellow plastic “tag”.
Normal delivery of the tag will be with your membership card for which you can expect to wait 2 – 3 weeks after you renew as card print runs need to allow for posting and despatch. We can’t guarantee the two weeks due to postal delays, so please allow up to the three weeks in advance of your journey to renew. Members can renew up to two months before their expiry date without any loss of membership time.
The important thing to note is that whilst, prior to card arrival, privilege fares can be obtained by showing the welcome email, free journeys can only be obtained by physically handing in the yellow tag at the station booking office. Please therefore plan ahead to take account of the timescales indicated above.
Members are also reminded that rules for free passes still apply i.e. one journey per full member, or one member of a family per annum.
All journeys are subject to availability.
- The opportunity to get involved with the work of the Association. This can be tremendously rewarding, offering the chance to really be a supporter of this wonderful railway. Examples would be to join the Association’s Heritage Group, become a volunteer in a wide range of roles, to attend and participate in the Association’s Annual General Meeting* and many other ways to get involved. Some opportunities are NOT affected by Covid-19. See Roles & Opportunities
In addition to the above, members can take advantage of :
- Free admission to all Stations on normal operating days (Excluding Special Event days and Santa Specials) on production of membership card.
- Discounts in the Railway’s shops on selected products. Individual item purchases must be over £5 and the offer excludes all food and drinks. Shop staff will be able to advise eligibility.
- Exclusive discounts on some Special Event tickets (Excludes Santa Specials)