MAJOR APPEAL – Coronavirus and the RHDR
WE MADE IT!
To all those who fundraised and/or donated we say a huge thank you and congratulations!
The Association will be donating £100,000 in total to support the railway with its Winter Works thanks to your efforts in raising the money required for match funding.
However – the work does not stop there. The Association raises money all year so that it can respond to requests from the railway as well as do as much as it can to secure the heritage of the line through its own projects; a good example being the Heritage Centre which is just waiting for the railway to welcome visitors again so it can open its doors!
So – please continue to donate to the Association.
How Everyone Can Help
All donations are welcome and can be made as follows:
- via ‘JustGiving’ account here: https://www.justgiving.com/rhdra.
- every time you shop at Amazon. We are now registered with Amazon Smile, a way of giving to your Association by using the following link https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ in place of your usual access to Amazon.
- the RHDR has its own fundraising page.
Many thanks to all who have donated so far. All donations large and small are appreciated.
ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION is now vital! Could we also take this opportunity to remind those Members who have yet to do so, to sign up with the new electronic membership system MemberMojo. It will really make a difference and will certainly make the way we communicate with you more efficient.
GOOD NEWS – RHDR allocated funds from Government’s £1.57bn Culture Recovery Fund. Huge relief all round!
We have also given the railway £60,000 towards the cost of new rail.
Black Prince Newsflash February 2021
Costs of overhaul covered to date
- Black Prince’s overhaul (click link to see special page)
- and we have raised and spent the funds to open our Heritage Centre. Work remains to be completed on the internal displays and fittings, but this is in hand. All we need now is to be able to open the Railway!
All these projects will support and enhance the Railway’s operations and appeal.
Members who wish to support these ventures can donate through the link below, or by cheque to the Treasurer (contact details here).